Few things in life are as exciting, nerve-wracking, and emotionally charged as falling in love. The butterflies, the stolen glances, the giddy laughter, and the heart-wrenching moments – it’s all part of the experience.
And throughout history, musicians have been inspired by love’s dizzying highs and devastating lows to write some of the most beautiful, memorable songs ever recorded.
So, whether you’re currently head-over-heels or nursing a broken heart, we’ve rounded up the 100+ best songs about falling in love to help you celebrate (or commiserate) this universal experience. Trust us, there’s something here for everyone.
Top Best Songs about Falling in Love
There are many love songs out there but some stand out more than others. Here is our pick of the top best songs about falling in love. Follow along with the Spotify playlist to know what we are talking about!
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis
- When You Say Nothing At All – Alison Krauss
- Falling Slowly – Glen Hansard, Marketa Irglova
- Love Story – Taylor Swift
- Amazed – Lonestar
- Hero – Enrique Iglesias
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- Mama He’s Crazy – The Judds
- And I Love Her – Passenger
- Fallin – Alicia Keys
Songs about Falling in Love at First Sight
Though love, at first sight, is often spoken of as though it’s something that happens in fairy tales, there are actually quite a few songs out there that capture the feeling of suddenly being struck by Cupid’s arrow. Here are just a few of the best tunes about falling head over heels from the very first moment you lay eyes on someone.
- Love At First Sight – Kylie Minogue
- Love At First Sight – Jori King
- Shape of You – Ed Sheeran
- It’s You (I’ve Been Looking For) – Lewis Brice
- In Love – Copper Cable
- Weak – SWV
- Love at First Sight – Cameron Hawthorn
- Get You – Daniel Caesar
- Love at First Sight – Michael Buble
- Stay With Me – Sam Smith
Songs about Falling in Love Unexpectedly
Love comes in all shapes and sizes. It can be the love between friends, family, or a romantic partner. However, sometimes love can be unexpected. You may not be looking for it, but suddenly you find yourself sipping from the cup of love. Here are some songs about those chance meetings and flings that catch you off guard but end up being the best thing to ever happen to you.
- Unexpectedly – Jason Chen
- Accidentally in Love – Counting Crows
- U Got It Bad – Usher
- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face – Roberta Flack
- Falling Fast – Avril Lavigne
- In Case You Didn’t Know – Brett Young
- I’ve Got a Crush on You – Ella Fitzgerald
Country Songs about Falling in Love
There’s something about country songs that just make you want to cuddle up with your special someone. Maybe it’s the slow, twangy guitars or the longing in the lyrics, but there’s something about a good country song that makes you feel all the feels. And the great thing about country music is that there are so many songs about falling in love. Here are just a few of our favorites.
- She Got the Best of Me – Luke Combs
- Love Story – Taylor Swift
- Somebody’s Got Me – Mitchell Tenpenny
- She’s Everything – Brad Paisley
- Butterflies – Kacey Musgraves
- My Girl – Dylan Scott
- I Knew It Was You – Nick Wayne
- Meant to Be – Bebe Rexha
- In Case You Didn’t Know – Brett Young
- Drunk On Your Love – Brett Eldredge
Songs about Falling in Love with your Best Friend
When it comes to falling in love with your best friend, there are a lot of things that can go wrong. It’s a risk that you take when you decide to take your relationship to the next level, but it’s also a risk that can pay off in the end.
So, if you’re thinking about making the leap from friends to lovers, here are some songs that you can relate to. Doesn’t matter if you are feeling scared or nervous about taking the next step, these songs will let you know that you’re not alone. Take a listen and see which ones resonate with you the most!
- I’ve Been Thinking About You – Mariah Carey
- More Than Friends – Jason Mraz ft. Meghan Trainor
- Best Friend – Ingrid Michaelson
- Lover and Friend – Babyface
- Anyone Else But You – The Moldy Peaches
- Falling In Love With Your Best Friend – Paul Baribeau
- My Best Friend – Tim McGraw
- Teardrops On My Guitar – Taylor Swift
- The Search Is Over – Survivor
- Mine – Tink ft G Herbo
R&B Songs about Falling in Love
There’s nothing quite like a good R&B song to set the mood. The sultry vocals, the slow jams, the steamy lyrics… it all comes together to create the perfect soundtrack for falling in love. Not only do these songs make you feel all the feels, but they speak for those who may not be able to find the words to express how they feel. Play one of these songs the next time you’re feeling frisky and see what happens!
- Spend My Life With You – Eric Benét
- Find Someone Like You – Snoh Aalegra
- (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin
- My Love Is Your Love – Whitney Houston
- If I Ever Fall in Love – Shai
- Crazy in Love – Beyoncé
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Make It Last Forever – Keith Sweat
- I’ll Make Love To You – Boyz II Men
- The One I Gave My Heart To – Aaliyah
Songs About Falling in Love Again after Being Hurt
Though love may bring some pain, it’s always worth taking the risk for something so beautiful. After all, as the popular saying goes, “you can’t keep living in fear of getting hurt.” If you’ve been burned before and hesitate to open yourself up again, there’s no shame in that. In fact, it’s completely understandable. But at some point, you have to ask yourself if you’re willing to give up on love altogether just because it didn’t work out last time.
If your answer is no – if you still believe in the power of love despite being hurt – then it might be time to take that leap of faith once more. And what better way to start than with a song about falling in love again after being hurt? These tunes will give you that extra boost of courage that you need to open your heart one more time.
- High Hopes – Kodaline
- Start of Something Good – Daughtry
- How Would You Feel (Paean) – Ed Sheeran
- Love Again – Dua Lipa
- Halo – Beyonce
- Sorry – Justin Bieber
- Just Give Me A Reason – Pink
- Say you won’t let go – James Arthur
- Back To You – Selena Gomez
- Love me now – John legend
- Yours – Ella Henderson
Songs about Breaking Down Wall and Falling in love
In a world filled with anger and hatred, it’s easy to feel like love will never prevail. But every so often, a song comes along that gives us hope that love can conquer all. And that’s exactly what these songs mentioned below are about, breaking down walls and falling in love
- Walls – Louis Tomlinson
- Come And Tear Down The Walls – David & Nicole Binion, REVERE
- Break The Walls – Fitz & the Tantrums
- Break Down the Walls – Austin & Ally
- Walls (ft. Bryan Finlay) – Rival
- Falling – Harry Styles
- To the Bone – Pamungkas
- ILYSB – Lany
- Hero – Enrique
- this is what falling in love feels like – JVKE
- Upside Down – JVKE
Songs About Not Wanting To Fall In Love
Love isn’t always easy. In fact, sometimes it can be downright hard. There are ups and downs, ebbs and flows. And sometimes you just want to throw in the towel and swear off love altogether. If you’re feeling cynical about love and don’t want to open yourself up to the possibility of getting hurt, that’s OK. There’s no shame in that.
Falling in love should be something we do because we want to, not because we feel like we have to. So if you’re not ready for love, don’t force yourself into it. Seriousness aside, there are actually quite a few songs out there about not wanting to fall in love. Here are some of the best.
- I Lost Myself – Munn
- Wicked Game – Chris Isaak
- Heart Attack – Demi Lovato
- Please Don’t Let Me Love You – Hank Williams
- Ever Fallen In Love – Pete Yorn
- You Made Me Love You (I Didn’t Want to Do It) – Patsy Cline
- I Hope That I Don’t Fall in Love in You – Tom Waits
- The Girl Of My Best Friend – Elvis Presley
- I’m Not In Love – 10cc
Pop Songs about Falling in Love
Just like other genres pop music has its own way of talking about love. In its own unique way, pop songs often reflect the feelings and experiences of young love. They can be lighthearted and fun, or deep and meaningful. But regardless of the tone, pop songs about falling in love always seem to have that cheesy, feel-good factor that we just can’t get enough of. Have a look at these songs below to know what we’re talking about!
- Puppy Love – ft. Nathania & Harms
- Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- We Found Love ft. Calvin Harris – Rihanna
- Adore You – Miley Cyrus
- Your Love Is My Drug – Ke$ha
- Love Song – Sara Bareilles
- I Believe In A Thing Called Love – The Darkness
- You And Me – Lifehouse
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- Who You Love – John Mayer
- Falling for you – Colbie Caillat
Acoustic Songs about Falling in Love
Acoustic songs have a certain charm and charisma to them. They feel like they’re being performed just for you, and that’s a special feeling that not many other genres can provide. Another thing that makes acoustic songs so great is that they’re often stripped down and raw, which allows the lyrics to take center stage. And when it comes to falling in love, the lyrics are what really matter. With that said give a listen to some of the best acoustic songs about falling in love mentioned below. A guarantee from us, they’ll leave you feeling all the feels!
- You’re Beautiful – James Blunt
- Falling for you – Mia Rose
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Haley Reinhart (Acoustic Piano)
- She Will Be Loved – Maroon 5
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- It’s Your Love – Tim McGraw
- Little Things – One Direction
- If I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
Songs about Being Scared/Afraid To Fall In Love
For some people, the fear is real and paralyzing. They don’t want to put themselves out there, only to be hurt again. We’ve all been there at one point or another. The thought of getting our hearts broken is enough to make us want to run for the hills. But as much as we may want to avoid it, love is often worth the risk.
So, If you’re currently in a situation where you’re afraid to fall in love, these songs mentioned below will definitely resonate with you. From country ballads to pop anthems, these artists have all been there before. And if they can make it through to the other side, so can you.
- Scared – Jeremy Zucker
- Scared Of Love – Megan Faria
- Are You Scared Of Love? – Myya’s Diary & Kiki Rowe
- Scared To Fall In Love With You (ft. Resident & Aidan) – Fudasca
- Afraid To Love – Far Out & KARRA
- Don’t – Ed Sheeran
- How to Love – Lil Wayne
- Done With Love – Zedd
- The Feeling – Justin Bieber
- Sitting, Waiting, Wishing – Jack Johnson
- Heart Attack – Demi Lovato
Songs about Falling in Love With Someone You Can’t Have or Taken
There are few things more frustrating than falling in love with someone you can’t have. Whether they’re taken, not interested, or just completely out of your league, it’s an awful feeling. You want nothing more than to be with this person, but for one reason or another, it’s just not meant to be.
If you’re currently going through this, know that you’re not alone. There are plenty of people out there who have been in your shoes. And as difficult as it may be, sometimes the best thing you can do is just let go.
- Affection – Between Friends
- Can I Call You Tonight? – Dayglow
- Remember Me – UMI
- SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK – Joji
- Sink into the Floor – Feng Suave
- The Breakup Song – Abbey Glover
- I Promise I’m Trying – Cavetown
- Losin Control – Russ
- i love you, that’s the problem – kochetkovv
- Please Never Fall in Love Again – Ollie MN
Songs about Friends with Benefits Falling In love
When friends with benefits start falling in love, it can be a confusing and uncomfortable time. After all, the whole point of being friends with benefits is that there are no strings attached. So what happens when those feelings start to develop?
Well, just take a listen to some of these songs that perfectly capture those mixed emotions. From excitement and anticipation to fear and doubt, these artists have been there before. And their songs will help you navigate this tricky situation.
- Mixed Signals – Ruth B.
- FOOLS – Troye Sivan
- Are you in the mood? – Bay Faction
- It’s cool we can still be friends – Nehalem (originally bright eyes)
- I want the one I cant have – The Smiths
- Born to die – Lana Del Rey
- Song for guilty sadist – crywank
- Love you like an alcoholic – The Taxpayers
- Francis Forever – Mitski
- Elevator Love Letter – Stars
- Do I wanna know? – Arctic Monkeys
- Land Locked Blues – Bright Eyes
Taylor Swift’s Songs about Falling in Love
There’s no denying that Taylor Swift writes some of the best love songs in the business. From her early days singing about high school crushes to more mature anthems about long-term relationships, she has a way of perfectly capturing those head-over-heels, butterflies-in-your-stomach moments. Here are just a few of our favorite Taylor Swift songs about falling in love:
- Love Story
- Jump Then Fall
- Call It What You Want
- Sparks Fly
- State of Grace
- Paper Rings
Sad Songs about Falling in Love
Sometimes, love doesn’t work out the way we want it to. And when that happens, it can be incredibly heartbreaking. And it’s no wonder that so many songs have been written about this universal human experience. From country ballads to pop anthems, there are plenty of sad songs about falling in love.
If you’re feeling down about a recent break-up or just need a good cry, put on one of these tunes and let the tears flow
- My Little Love – Adele
- How Much Can a Heart Take – Lucky Daye feat. Yebba
- Saving All My Love for You – Whitney Houston
- Happier – Olivia Rodrigo
- I Can’t Stand the Rain – Anne Peebles
- I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
- We Belong Together – Mariah Carey
- Will, You Still Love Me Tomorrow – Carole King
- Hopelessly Devoted to You – Olivia Newton-John
- Unbreak My Heart – Toni Braxton
Soft Songs about Falling in Love
In a world where EDM is king and rap lyrics are often misogynistic, it’s refreshing to hear some sweet, soft songs about falling in love. These ten tunes show that romance isn’t dead – and sometimes, the softest love songs can make the biggest impact.
- Give Me Your Forever – Zack Tabudlo
- I Like You So Much – Hanin Dhiya
- Nothing – Bruno Major
- Lemonade – Jeremy Passion
- Best Part ft. Her – Daniel Caesar
- I Like Me Better – Anthony De La Torre & Lana Condor
- Glad You Exist – Dan and Shay
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Superlaks & Fransisca
Songs about Childhood Friends falling in Love
Here are some songs that celebrate the beauty of falling in love with your childhood friend. Whether you’ve been friends for years or just reconnected later in life, there’s something special about this type of relationship. And these songs will definitely make you nostalgic for those simpler times.
- Two Summers – One11Twenty
- Catching Feelings – Justin Bieber
- Friends – Ed Sheeran
- Bitter Winter – San Cisco
- Yellow Hearts – Ant Saunders
- Lucky – Jason Mraz
Songs about Falling in and out of Love
Love is a fickle thing. It can make you feel on top of the world one minute and completely heartbroken the next. Though the ups and downs can be tough to handle, it’s all a part of the journey. So, why not embrace it?
- Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes
- Meghan Trainor – Like I’m Gonna Lose You
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Passenger – Let Her Go
- Sam Smith – I’m Not The Only One
- Bruno Mars – When I Was Your Man
- Giveon – Heartbreak Anniversary
- James Bay – Let It Go
- P!nk – Just Give Me A Reason ft. Nate Ruess
- Calum Scott – Dancing On My Own
Rock Songs about Falling in Love
Love doesn’t always have to be soft and delicate. Sometimes, it can be edgy and intense. And what better genre to reflect that than rock music?
Rock music has always been about rebellion. It’s about breaking the rules and being loud and aggressive. And that’s exactly what love can be like sometimes. It doesn’t have to be all hearts and flowers. It can be passionate and intense.
- Extreme – More Than Words
- HELLOWEEN – Forever And One
- Bon Jovi – Always
- Bad English – When I See You Smile
- Guns N’ Roses – Don’t Cry
- Firehouse – I Live My Life for You
- Alias – More Than Words Can Say
- Steelheart – I’ll Never Let You Go
- Foreigner – I Want to know what love is
- Whitesnake – Take Me Back Again
- WASP – Hold On To My Heart
Love is a beautiful feeling, and we should all experience it at least once in our lifetime. So, don’t be afraid to take that leap of faith. And when you do, make sure to blast one of these songs! It’ll make the experience that much better, we promise.