AC/DC is without a question one of the most iconic rock bands in history. Formed in 1973, this Australian band has sold more than 200 million albums and played to over 40 million people worldwide.
Besides being responsible for some of the most recognizable rock n’ roll anthems ever created, they have also influenced generations of musicians.
From Guns N’ Roses to Metallica, AC/DC’s influence continues to live on today.
With that said, below we have answered some FAQs about AC/DC that you might find interesting.
Note: All the information mentioned below is accurate and updated.
Is AC DC metal band?
As a band, AC/DC is more hard rock than metal, but they have been categorized as a metal band in Wikipedia due to songs like ” Highway to Hell” and ” For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)”.
Their music is highly blues rooted which is not a common feature in metal music. In metal, you will find extensive use of the harmonic minor scale, whereas AC/DC songs are completely based on blues and pentatonic scales.
So, by this, we can say that AC/DC doesn’t belong to the ‘pure metal’ genre, but they are a mix of hard rock and metal.
Also Read – 100 Best Rock Bands of the 80s
What do AC/DC stand for?
AC/DC doesn’t have a meaning and it’s just a band name that the members came up with. It was actually Malcolm and Angus’s sister, Margaret Young who suggested this name after seeing it on a sewing machine.
Later Malcolm and Angus felt that this is the perfect name for the band as it perfectly symbolized their high voltage and aggressive music.
What are the names of all AC/DC members?
There aren’t that many members in the band. The only ones are Angus Young (lead guitar) Malcolm Young (rhythm guitar, backing vocals), Phil Rudd (drums), Cliff Williams (bass, backing vocals), and Brian Johnson (lead vocals, drums).
What type of music does AC/DC play?
AC/DC is a hard rock band and they’re known for their loud, energetic music. They also use a lot of guitar solos in their songs.
What was the first album?
The band released their first album in 1975 which is called High Voltage.
It featured some of their most popular songs like “T.N.T.” and “It’s a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock ‘n’ Roll)”.
Later on, they released their most famous album called Back in Black which featured legendary songs like “Back in Black” and “Hells Bells” and received huge critical acclaim.
What is AC/DC’s best selling album?
Their most famous album is Back in Black which was released in 1980. The album sold about 50 million copies worldwide and at least 21 million copies in the United States alone.
What was the first song?
The band’s first single was “Can I Sit Next to You Girl” which was released in 1974. It didn’t become very popular, but it’s still a great song. If you want to check it out, you can find it on their first album High Voltage. I am sure you will enjoy it.
What are some of the band’s popular songs?
Some of the band’s most popular songs include “Back in Black”, “Highway to Hell”, “You Shook Me All Night Long” and “Thunderstruck”.
What is AC DC’s signature song?
There are many but some would say that “Back in Black” is their signature song because it’s one of their most popular songs and is very well-known. It’s a staple at their concerts and has been for many years.
What happened to lead singer Bon Scott?
Lead singer Bon Scott, unfortunately, died in 1980 from alcohol poisoning. But the band decided to continue on and recruited Brian Johnson as their new vocalist. Although some fans were skeptical about the new vocalist, he won them over with his great voice and powerful performances.
10 Facts About AC/DC Rock Band
10. Two members of the band are brothers, Brian Johnson and Angus Young.
9. Angus Young was only 5 years old when he first started playing guitar for the band.
8. AC/DC is one of the few bands that have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, in 2003 as a hard rock band and then again in 2010 as a blues-rock band.
7. AC/DC is one of the most successful bands in history – they have sold over 200 million albums worldwide.
6. AC/DC has played to over 40 million fans around the world since they first started touring in 1974.
5. AC/DC’s 1980 album, “Back in Black”, is the third highest-selling album of all time, with over 50 million copies sold.
4. AC/DC was one of the first bands to popularize heavy metal and hard rock music.
3. Besides being one of the most iconic rock bands in history, they have been featured in several popular video games including “Guitar Hero II” and “Rock Band 2”.
2. AC/DC has had the same line-up since they formed over 40 years ago – Angus, Malcolm, Brian Johnson, Cliff Williams and Phil Rudd.
1. First on the list of 10 things you probably didn’t know about AC/DC is that the band has been around for over 40 years and is still going strong and we respect and love them for that.
Reasons Why They Are They Best Hard Rock Band
1. Angus Young’s guitar playing is legendary! He has inspired countless guitarists over the years with his unique and blistering solos.
2. Brian Johnson’s vocals are gritty and powerful – he has a vocal range that few other singers can match.
3. Their songs are very easy to learn and can be performed by amateurs on any instrument. That’s a testament to how great their music is!
4. AC/DC has been around for over 40 years and they have recorded 15 studio albums, 7 of which have sold more than 1 million copies in the US alone. They have sold over 200 million albums worldwide.
5. AC/DC has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, both as a band and in individual members’ categories (for Angus Young and Bon Scott).
6. The AC/DC album “Back In Black” is one of the Best Selling Albums Worldwide at an estimated 50 million copies sold.
7. AC/DC has never had a lineup change – they have had the same five members since their inception in 1973!
8. They are one of the most influential hard rock bands of all time and their sound has been copied by many up-and-coming bands.
9. AC/DC is simply one of the greatest hard rock bands of all time and no one can dispute that!
10. And finally, their music is just damn good – there’s no other way to describe it! AC/DC is a band that must be experienced live in order to truly appreciate their awesomeness!
As you can see, they are a band with a lot of history, influence, and talent, that is why more than 40 million people can recall seeing them live at least once in their lifetime.
If you liked this article, be sure to check out my other posts on this blog as well! I have a variety of interesting content that is sure to interest you. Thanks for reading!