Whoever said country music was all about beer, trucks, and heartbreak never heard these beautiful duets between fathers and daughters.
These 50+ best country songs about dads and daughters honor special relationships between fathers and their little girls, while also expressing a heartfelt sentiment that is sure to touch any listener’s heart.h
Top Best Country Songs about Dads and Daughters
While there are many songs that celebrate the father-daughter bond, here are some of the best:
1. Dads and Daughters – MaRynn Taylor
Dads and daughters, they go together
Like boats and water, they're meant for each other
Through wind and the waves, they'll sail away from the storm
And make it to shore
2. My Little Girl – Tim McGraw
You're beautiful baby from the outside in
Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again
Go on, take on this whole world
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl
3. Daddy’s Little Girl – Chad Kaney
And I’ll love you forever, Cause you will always be the very best part of me, I promise to protect you and guide you wherever you may go, Cause you will always be my whole world, your daddy’s little girl.
4. You Can Let Go Now Daddy – Crystal Shawanda
You can let go now, Daddy
You can let go
Oh, I think I'm ready
To do this on my own
5. Butterfly Kisses – Bob Carlisle
There's two things I know for sure
She was sent here from heaven
And she's daddy's little girl
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus
6. If Heaven Was Needing a Hero – Jo Dee Messina
'Cause Heaven was needing a hero
Somebody just like you
Brave enough to stand up
7. I Loved Her First – Heartland
But I loved her first, I held her first
And a place in my heart will always be hers
From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me
I knew the love of a father runs deep
8. Cowgirls Don’t Cry – Brooks & Dunn
Cowgirls don't cry
Ride, baby, ride
Lessons in life are going to show you in time
Soon enough your going to know why
9. Daddy’s Angel – Tony Carter
You're my little angel
So baby don't you cry
It's time to spread your wings and fly
If there's one thing this father knows
The hardest part is letting go
10. Good Hands – Kylie Morgan
I'm in good hands when he's holdin' on to mine I know who I am when I look in his eyes And he only sees the best in me, even when it's hard to find
2022 Country Songs about Dads and Daughters
2022 was a fantastic year for country music, and we saw a surge of songs celebrating the unbreakable bond between fathers and daughters.
These tunes not only honor the special relationship between dads and their little girls, but they also serve as a reminder of just how special and irreplaceable it is.
So, to help you with finding the perfect song, here’s a list of country songs about dads and daughters released in 2022.
- Half the Man – Jennifer Smestad
- Good Hands – Kylie Morgan
- When God Made You My Father – Riley Roth
- The Man Who Loves You The Most – Zac Brown Band
- You’ll Always Be My Baby – Alan Jackson
- Prettiest Girl in the World – Logan Mize
- For My Daughter – Kane Brown
Country songs about Dads and Daughters Growing Up
As a daughter blossoms into a confident and independent young woman, a father’s love and pride only grows stronger. But along with the sense of accomplishment comes a bittersweet feeling as his little girl begins to forge her own path and leave behind the innocence of childhood.
These themes of protection, love and the passage of time are common topics in songs about dads and daughters growing up, and they serve to capture the special and enduring bond that exists between a father and his little girl.
So, if you are feeling a bit nostalgic, here are some songs that perfectly encapsulate the father-daughter bond as a daughter grows up.
- They Grow up Too Fast – Jimmy Charles
- Isn’t She Lovely? – Stevie Wonder
- My Wish – Rascal Flatts
- Daddy Dance With Me – Krystal Keith
- Gotta Let Go – Tom Bertling
- It Won’t Be Like This For Long – Darius Rucker
Old Country Dads Daughters Songs
Old Country songs about dads and daughters represent an eternal connection that is hard to ignore. From fathers who offer unconditional love to daughters who explore unfamiliar terrains, these songs speak to the power of a father-daughter bond.
Not only are they perfect for special occasions like weddings, but they also have the potential to evoke strong emotions and have a lasting impact on any listener.
So when it comes time to pick a song that will truly move you, look no further than these timeless classics about dads and daughters.
- Daddy’s Hands – Holly Dunn
- Humble and Kind – Tim McGraw
- Ready, Set, Don’t Go – Billy Ray Cyrus
- The Girl You Think I Am – Carrie Underwood
- I’ll Be There – Josh Turner
Non-Traditional Country Dads Daughters Songs
Are you tired of the sappy, traditional country songs about dads and daughters? Well, we’ve got something a little different for you!
Check out these non-traditional, edgy tunes that perfectly capture the ups and downs of the complex relationship between a dad and his daughter.
But don’t worry, they still manage to capture those heartwarming moments of love and affection that make a father-daughter bond so special.
- Dance With My Daughter – Jason Blaine
- Dance Baby Dance – Chris Cagle
- Lady – Brett Young
- In My Daughter’s Eyes – Martina McBride
- You’ve got a Friend – James Taylor
Sentimental Country Songs about Dads and Daughters
Trust us, we’ve scoured the internet and turned to our own personal playlists to bring you the ultimate selection of sentimental country songs about dads and daughters.
Whether it’s for a special father-daughter dance, graduation, or just a reminder of the bond two people share, these songs will surely bring all the feels.
- That Makes Me Your Dad – Ryan St. Louis
- Handprints On The Wall – Kenny Rogers
- I’ll Be – Reba McEntire
- Daughters – John Mayer
- Diamonds & Daughters – Aaron Watson
Modern Country Songs about Dads and Daughters
Sure, there are plenty of classic country songs about the special bond between a father and daughter, but sometimes you just want something a little more current and relatable.
That’s why we’ve put together this list of modern country songs about dads and daughters.
These tunes, sung by some of today’s most popular country artists, capture the complexities and joys of this unique relationship in a way that feels fresh and authentic.
- Butterfly Fly Away – Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus
- I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
- You’re Gonna Miss This – Trace Adkins
- Tough Little Boys – Gary Allan
- Daddy’s Little Girl – Kippi Brannon
Country Songs about Dads and Daughters Fishing
Are you and your dad ready to cast your lines and bond over some good old-fashioned fishing? Look no further than these heartwarming country songs about fathers and daughters enjoying the great outdoors.
From serene lakes to rambunctious rivers, these tunes perfectly encapsulate the joy of spending quality time together, sharing tales, and simply savoring the present. Grab your rod and reel and let’s go fishing – the bait is on us!
- Just Fishin’ – Trace Adkins
- Fishing with Dad – John Kunze
- Fishin’ with My Dad – Bobby Bones & The Raging Idiots
- Daddy Take Me Fishing – Eric Smith
- Shut Up And Fish – Maddie & Tae
Sad Country Songs about Dads and Daughters
They say that laughter is the best medicine, but sometimes a good cry can be just as healing. If you’re feeling overwhelmed with emotion or need to let out all that pent-up energy, these sad country songs about dads and daughters might be just what the doctor ordered.
From tear-jerking lyrics to heartfelt melodies – get ready to grab your box of tissues, these songs will make you cry!
- When I Meet My Maker – Tenille Townes
- Song For Dad – Keith Urban
- Dad – Tyler Wood
- Heaven Was Needing A Hero – Jo Dee Messina
- Thank you for being my Dad – Jon Barker
New Country Songs about Dads and Daughters
Last but certainly not least, we’ve rounded up the best of the best when it comes to new country songs about dads and daughters.
These tunes, written by some of today’s freshest artists, cover a range of themes from nostalgia for childhood moments to navigating life as an adult.
- My Precious Baby Girl – Tyra Juliette
- My Girl – Jon Wayne Hatfield
- Things Dads Do – Thomas Rhett
- My Father’s Daughter – Jewel ft. Dolly Parton
- Teenage Daughters – Martina McBride
No matter which song you choose to commemorate this special bond, there is no denying that country music is a great way to express your love for your dad and daughter. Whether it’s teaching them valuable life lessons, supporting their dreams, or simply being there for them, these songs remind us of the powerful and enduring bond between fathers and daughters.
We hope that you liked this list as much as we did and that you’ll find the perfect song for your special occasion. It’s time to get those boots tapping – cue the music!