Are you confused about the names, notes, and numbers of the guitar strings? Just go nowhere because by the end of this post you will get answers to three questions:
- What are the guitar string names?
- What are the guitar string notes?
- What are the guitar string numbers and their order?
Guitar String Notes and Names
A regular acoustic and electric guitar have 6 strings and in standard tuning, the notes are E-B-G-D-A-E from the bottom to top. Below you can see the diagram for better understanding.
Points to keep in mind when learning the notes and names of the guitar strings:
- In standard tuning, the top and bottom strings are tuned to E.
- The string names change as soon as you change the tuning.
- In standard tuning, both the E string sounds the same. The only difference is the top E string (thickest) produces low frequency while the bottom E (thinnest) produces high frequency.
Guitar String Numbers
From top to bottom the string numbers goes like 6-5-4-3-2-1 (thickest to thinnest strings).
Here the number 1 string indicates the thinnest string and the number 6 string indicates the thickest string. Below are all the strings with their names and number.
|Strings Numbers||Notes and Names|
|1st String||High E|
|6th String||Low E|
Note – The guitar string notes and names change when tuned to a different tuning but the numbering remains the same in all cases.
I hope this clarifies everything related to guitar strings and their notes, names and numbers. If you liked this post then do share it with others.